Trying to get a program to run..

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

men8ifr

Trying to get a program to run..

Post by men8ifr » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:11 pm

OK I've got to be nearly there

Once I save the axis configurations by pasting into the C program screen from K motion - then save the file what do I do with that file i.e. how is it called before CAM g-Code is ran?
My Set-up
PM30 Milling Machine - 3 axis
Kflop
Leadshine copy closed loop 'hybrid' stepper drivers similar to HBS86
Nema 34 6A 8.5Nm motors with encoder (encoder connects to stepper driver)
Fusion 360 Software

men8ifr

Re: Trying to get a program to run..

Post by men8ifr » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:21 pm

This may be related, I tried to run the G code, file 1 (makes the word dynomotion I think) but it comes up with an error saying axis disabled but from the kmotion axis window 0,1 and 2 are enabled.

I tried deleting the first M03 command (I don't have spindle control) but then comes up with the same error indicating a fault with the 3rd line X,y,z co-ordinates

EDIT >> I got the program to run (first time my mill has ran any code :-) )just by enabling all the axis so the spindle must be mapped to one axis... how do I check the mappings?
My Set-up
Kflop
Fusion 360 Software

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 pm

Once I save the axis configurations by pasting into the C program screen from K motion - then save the file what do I do with that file i.e. how is it called before CAM g-Code is ran?
Assign the program to a User Button in KMotionCNC. Then push the button to Initialize your system.

This may be related, I tried to run the G code, file 1 (makes the word dynomotion I think) but it comes up with an error saying axis disabled but from the kmotion axis window 0,1 and 2 are enabled.

I tried deleting the first M03 command (I don't have spindle control) but then comes up with the same error indicating a fault with the 3rd line X,y,z co-ordinates

EDIT >> I got the program to run (first time my mill has ran any code :-) )just by enabling all the axis so the spindle must be mapped to one axis... how do I check the mappings?
You must define which Axes should be in the Coordinate System. The Spindle should not normally be included. See wiki here.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

men8ifr

Post by men8ifr » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:21 pm

Thanks,

My C Program correctly loads the axis parameters but how do I also enable the axis in the same program, I'm sure I've seen this mentioned but cannot find where cheers.
My Set-up
Kflop
Fusion 360 Software

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:30 pm

See my previous link.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.