CAMWORKS Post

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Snyggis

CAMWORKS Post

Post by Snyggis » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:58 am

Greetings,

I have been hapily milling away using CAMWORKS on my new CNC router. I ran into the following G-Code error. I am normally using the MACH3 post that comes with the software but this is having a problem. I tried 5 of the other post processors with the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Post Error.PNG
Thanks,

Scott

TomKerekes

Re: CAMWORKS Post

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi Scott

Please post the GCode as a file.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Snyggis

Post by Snyggis » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:11 pm

Thanks for looking at this.
Test.txt
(106.37 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:36 am

Hi Scott,

It seems the issue is where a full circle is to be cut at the same place twice and the post processor omits both the G code because it is the same and the XY coordinates because they are the same.

An arc to the same XY place is somewhat ambiguous. Its not completely clear if the arc is supposed to be nothing or a full circle. Normally it is assumed to specify a full circle. An alternate approach is to specify 2 arcs that are two semi circles that makes it entirely clear.

The EMC GCode Interpreter that we use goes through some trouble to only use the previous motion mode (G3) if some motion is specified determined by if some XYZABCUV coordinate is changed. In your case none is hence the error. Its not clear if this is a bug in our Interpreter.

A workaround would be to have the Post Processor output 2 semicircles for a circle.

I found this Video for configuring the CAMWORKS Post Processor. They seem to have such an option. You might change that or ask CAMWORKS to change it for you or select a Post Processor with it selected.

Circles.png
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.