Feedhold Backwards/Forwards speed

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

cnc_freak

Feedhold Backwards/Forwards speed

Post by cnc_freak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello.
When i press the feedhold button while executing a part program, the motion stops. Then when i press the bacward or forward buttons, which are becoming visible, the tool moves very slowly. Is there a way to change this speed?

TomKerekes

Re: Feedhold Backwards/Forwards speed

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:51 am

Hi,

KMotionCNC has the speeds hard coded to 20% with these lines:

Code: Select all

m_Forward.Init(this, 1, 0.2);
	m_Reverse.Init(this, -1, 0.2);
To change the speed of those buttons you would need to change those lines and re-build KMotionCNC.

Another option would be to create your own buttons with the Screen Script Editor that would call a C Program in KFLOP that would change the Temporary FRO to some value with something like:

Code: Select all

#include "KMotionDef.h"

void main()
{
	SetFROTemp(-1.0);  // set full speed in Reverse
}
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Ibzan

Post by Ibzan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:08 am

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:51 am
HELLO, TOM, GREETINGS. I'm trying to put buttons on the KMOTIONCNC screen, I just need them to send me a value that I can use in a C program. Is there a way to do this? I am only using KFLOP.
For example, I have 4 buttons with 1, 10, 100 and 1000, suppose I select the one with a value of 1000 (in my case they would be pulses that I will send to a motor) then when I press the motor button 1 a C program is executed where it reads the value of the selected button 1000,and 1000 pulses are sent to the motor, is it possible to do that?
Attachments
1.png

Ibzan

Post by Ibzan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:19 am

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:51 am
Another question, I have two KFLOP cards, one works with the Kmotion 4.3h version (it is where I do my tests) and the one connected to the machine that works with the Kmotion 5.0.8c version, the question is that I load some cinematics in the version 4.3h and now I need to use 5.08c, do I have to load everything from scratch or can I copy some folders from the root directory and replace those with the new version?

Thank you very much for your answers, greetings.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:31 pm

Hi Ibzan,

There isn't currently a way to read the text of a pushbutton. But if the text doesn't change then you might just code the value into the C Program for the button. Or you might pass the value to the C Program as the Actions Param.

Param.png
Param.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Another option might be to use Edit Controls with buttons right next to them. In this case the C Program activated by the button could read the edit associated control. This would also allow the Operator to easily change the values.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.