Fusion post, G93, limits, 4.35d

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Chevvron

Fusion post, G93, limits, 4.35d

Post by Chevvron » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Tom,
I have a few questions please :

Is there a Fusion 360 multi-axis post available for Dynomotion ?

I have modified the standard rs274d for 5 axis and it seems to work but this has been arrived at by experimentation and reading the 260 page HSM post processor guide.
I still have queries about the post configuration.
I would be quite prepared to purchase professional support rather than experimentation, however my queries are listed below if anybody can help.

How to remove G28 from the tool path ?
Understanding of setup of rotary axis software limits ?
G93 script ?

There is statement in your documentation about use of G93 but KMotionCNC computes all the feeds so why use G93 ?

When running a tool path KMotionCNC stops with a feed hold if a hardware A or B rotary axis limit is reached.
I cannot then jog off the limit.
Where am I going wrong as I can jog off limits before I run a tool path that causes the collision so I must have the axis setup nearly right ?

Finally does version 4.35d pass a new value of pivot to chuck length through without re-building the software ?

Regards,
Tim

TomKerekes

Re: Fusion post, G93, limits, 4.35d

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi Tim,
Is there a Fusion 360 multi-axis post available for Dynomotion ?
There are some Fusion 360 Posts here. I'm not sure if any are more than 3 axes.

There is statement in your documentation about use of G93 but KMotionCNC computes all the feeds so why use G93 ?
If RTCP is active then then G93 should not be needed. The tool tip should move at the commanded feedrate when possible. If you are relying on CAD/CAM to handle the kinematics then G93 would be necessary.

When running a tool path KMotionCNC stops with a feed hold if a hardware A or B rotary axis limit is reached.
I cannot then jog off the limit.
Where am I going wrong as I can jog off limits before I run a tool path that causes the collision so I must have the axis setup nearly right ?
Its not clear what you mean. Jogging should be disabled while GCode is running. GCode would still be running if in Feed Hold. You should be able to reverse along the path while in Feed Hold. Or hit "Halt" to halt the execution of GCode and then Jog away.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.