RTCP setup for 5axis A/B table/table horizontal mill

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

daredevil

Re: RTCP setup for 5axis A/B table/table horizontal mill

Post by daredevil » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 am

Thanks Tom,
I have another question relative to home machine coordinates values:

you wrote "I'd suggest having the home routine set the machine coordinates not to zero at the home position, but to whatever values such that 0, 0, 0 will be at the centers of rotations. That way if something changes the home routine can be adjusted and keep the machine coordinates the same"

now in my homing program, I use Zero (axis) when limit/home switches are triggered and then Move small distance,
How could I put different values from 0 for each 3 axis according to offset distances vs centers of rotation A/B?
which is the syntax/command?
I tried chX->Position=value instead of Zero(axis) but with no luck

thanks
best regards
dd

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi dd,

chX->Position = value;

should work, but you also need to enable the system with the same Destination target with:

EnableAxisDest(X, value);

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

daredevil

Post by daredevil » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Tom,
thank you very much,

Please find attached the Table A/B kinematics files, according to your suggestions,
I need to insert the new kinematics in the CoordMotion.cpp file and recompile the gcodeinterpreter.dll
TableAB.7z
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
I would be great if you could take a "wise" look to the kinematics cpp before doing this,
just to be sure that it could work in the proper way!

Thanks again
dd

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi dd,

Hard to tell by looking if it will work correctly, but I don't see anything obviously wrong.

In Message Boxes I normally use \r to go to the next line. I'm not sure if \n works also.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

daredevil

Post by daredevil » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks Tom
I will go on and test on the horizontal mill,
\n works fine, I have used it for the AC kinematics
thanks again
dd

daredevil

Post by daredevil » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi Tom,
I have built and included the new kinematics TableAB in the gcodeinterpreter dll,
I had to change the "b" in the rotate3 function to "-b", and finally it seems to work:

I still have to put the exact positions of rotation center, but the kinematics is ok, and the txt parameters are read perfectly

it could be useful for horizontal mills with table A/B such as the Pocket NC, adding the RTCP feature with a Kflop card retrofit!

thank you for your support,
now I have to build the PP for Fusion 360
all my best
dd

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Cool Thanks!
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

daredevil

Post by daredevil » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi Tom,
I have 2 questions:

1) if I load a 5 axis continuous RTCP gcode in Kmotioncnc (with 5 axis kinematics loaded correctly in the kinematics.txt), the simulation run gcode viewer toolpath output should be different if I run it with G43.4 or without it? I mean, if I simulate the gcode toolpath with the g43.4 and I rerun the simulation deleting the ".4" (just g43) the graphics tool path should change, correct?

2) in kmotioncnc does it exist a way to "play" the simulation run step by step without needing to click "single step" many times manually?

thanks
best regards
dd

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:23 am

Hi dd,
I mean, if I simulate the gcode toolpath with the g43.4 and I rerun the simulation deleting the ".4" (just g43) the graphics tool path should change, correct?
Good question. But no I don't think so. Without RTCP the assumption is that Kinematics is not considered. The GCode path is simply the specified xyz path and is so plotted and the xyz axes are commanded to those xyz coordinates. With RTCP the same specified xyz path is still plotted but the xyz axes are commanded to coordinates that consider the kinematics and geometry so the tool tip actually follows that path. Actually in simulation mode the axes are never commanded and the kinematics are never even considered or calculated.

in kmotioncnc does it exist a way to "play" the simulation run step by step without needing to click "single step" many times manually?
No there isn't. When simulating/debugging GCode I sometimes sprinkle in m0 commands to stop at interesting points until I locate an area of interest to step through.

The C Program below will click the Single Step button at a periodic rate. Maybe you could turn that on and off with a User Button or other.

Code: Select all

#include "KMotionDef.h"

#define TMP 10 // which spare persist to use to transfer data
#include "KflopToKMotionCNCFunctions.c"

void main()
{
	for (;;)
	{
		ScreenScript("WinMsg:DlgName;IDC_SingleStep;BM_CLICK;");
		Delay_sec(0.5);
	}
}
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

daredevil

Post by daredevil » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:46 am

Thank you very much Tom,
the C script was exactly what I needed,
I will test some RTCP gcode and give you a feedback regarding the gcode viewer simulation plotting w/wo G43.4
all my best
dd